Drink and Drive Commercials (clip 2)
A major change in the law
- Questions & Activities
- Clip Details
- Print All
Cinema commercials portraying the hazards of drinking and driving. This series of ads shows people drinking in different locations and then being faced by the choice of whether to drive home or call a cab.
Questions & Activities
- When was this film made?
- How many shots are there in the film? Do any of them move in any way?
- What atmosphere is created by the music?
- What are the messages about alcohol in this film and how are they different from ad 1?
- Would you like to be at this party?
- What impressions are created of the young people, their lifestyle, character, class?
- What do you think of the slogan?
Media Studies / Health and Wellbing: Study drink drive ads now and compare. How have the messages changed?
Media Studies / Social History: Study the image created of the man, what impression is created of his lifestyle, character, class?
Health and Wellbeing: Research development of drink drive laws over time.
Health and Wellbeing: What are the effects of drink on the body (Int 1 Biol)?
Media Studies: Invent a new slogan to discourage drink driving.
|Resource Rights Holder||Courtesy of the British Film Institute|
|Genre||Public Information, Advertising|
|School Subject||Health and Wellbeing, Media Studies, Gender Studies, Social History|
|Where||Edinburgh, Living room|
|Attributes||Black and White, Sound|