The Singing Street (clip 2)
Traditional children's street games
- Questions & Activities
- Clip Details
- Print All
Collection of children's street games filmed in the back streets of Edinburgh accompanied by traditional children's songs. Includes skipping and ball games.
Questions & Activities
- What do these clips tell us and why do we need clips like these?
- Who do you think shot this film and why?
- What playground rhymes and songs do you know?
- What would these children think about how modern children spend their spare time?
- Count how many long shots are used in the extracts and say what effect this has.
- What genre could these clips be put into?
Social History / Health and Wellbeing: Research traditional playground games so that you can teach them to another class at playtime.
Health and Wellbeing / Expressive Arts / Media Studies: Make a video record of games that you play now.
Media Studies: Storyboard and make a rock video for a playground tune.
Maths / Health and Wellbeing: Make up your own skipping clapping game to demonstrate understanding number bonds, timetables.
Health and Wellbeing / Expressive Arts / Media Studies: Make a video portfolio of games you play.
Health and Wellbeing / PSE: Invent a new playground song to accompany skipping or other playground activity.
English: Freeze clip on one shot and create a story opening.
English: Write in any way you wish with a freeze frame from the clip.
|Resource Rights Holder||National Library of Scotland|
|Genre||Documentary, Education, Amateur|
|School Subject||Expressive Arts, Health and Wellbeing, English, Mathematics, History, Social Studies, Physical Education|
|Attributes||Black and White, Sound|
|References||Skip For Scotland.|