A short drama about murder
- Questions & Activities
- Clip Details
- Print All
A fictional story by a prolific amateur filmmaker about a driver whose car runs out of petrol on a country road and who is strangled to death by a homicidal stranger.
Questions & Activities
- What do you think this film is about?
- What other films does this remind you of?
- What is the significance of the title?
- Where is the murderer coming from and where do you think he is going?
- What do you think is his motive for killing the motorist?
- How would you rate this film? Justify your choice in reference to the BBFC rating system. (www.bbfc.co.uk)
- Comment on the opening and closing transitions (iris in/iris out).
Expressive Arts / English: Create a storyboard of the film. Discuss the type of shots and how they add to the atmosphere.
Music / English / Expressive Arts: Create a soundtrack of either music or narration or using percussion instruments to create mood.
English / Expressive Arts: Write a script/story with dialogue suggested by watching this film.
English / Drama / Expressive Arts: Write a script/story about what happened before and after the events in the film.
English / Media Studies: Compare and contrast with Enrico Cocozza's documentary film "Glasgow's Docklands".
|Resource Rights Holder||National Library of Scotland|
|School Subject||Expressive Arts, English, Social History, Music, Drama|
|Who||Enrico Cocozza (director)|
|Attributes||Black and White, Silent|