Drink and Drive Commercials (clip 3)
A major change in the law
- Questions & Activities
- Clip Details
- Print All
Cinema commercials portraying the hazards of drinking and driving. In this clip a drink driver is involved in a road traffic accident.
Questions & Activities
- Who do the drink drive ads suggest are liable to drink too much?
- What are the messages about alcohol in this film and how are they different from ad 1 and ad 2?
- How many shots are there in the film - what contribution does each shot add to the drama of events - what does each shot tell you about his driving capability, and how does it do this?
- What kind of film does his remind you of?
- What do you think of the slogan?
Media Studies / Health and Wellbeing: Study drink drive ads now and compare. How have the messages changed?
Gender Studies / Social History: Study the image created of the man, what impression is created of his lifestyle, character, class?
Health and Wellbeing: Research development of drink drive laws over time.
Health and Wellbeing: What are the effects of drink on the body (Int 1 Biol)?
Health and Wellbeing: Research road accidents over time looking at statistics and the place of alcohol (and drugs) in causing these both then and now. Compare the absolute numbers with road miles travelled (etc).
Health and Wellbeing: What tests are made for drink consumption?
Media Studies: Invent a new slogan to discourage drink driving.
|Resource Rights Holder||Courtesy of the British Film Institute|
|Genre||Public Information, Advertising|
|School Subject||Health and Wellbeing, Media Studies, Gender Studies, Social History|
|Attributes||Black and White, Sound|