TV advert for a traditional breakfast product
- Questions & Activities
- Clip Details
- Print All
A Co-operative advert for Unitas Oats featuring a family dancing around the breakfast table before they sit down to eat their porridge.
Questions & Activities
- What differences are there between the music in this advert and the Hendry's Cola advert?
- Who is each advert aimed at and how do you know?
- How is the brand established in each advert?
- How does the music work with the visuals to appeal to the target audience?
- What do you think the advertiser wants you to think, know, feel about each product (find out more about 'connotation')?
Storyboard a short advert for a product of your choice.
Research the popularity of breakfast cereals including porridge. Which brands are the market leaders?
Find some other archive adverts for 'breakfast oats' or porridge. Create a presentation on how similar or different they are over time.
|Resource Rights Holder||By kind permission of The Co-operative Group Limited|
|School Subject||Expressive Arts, Health and Wellbeing, Literacy, Media Studies|
|Subject Matter||Advert, Food, Family, Marketing|
|Who||Scottish Co-operative Wholesale Society (sponsor)|
|Attributes||Black and White, Silent|